Juicing as a detox option ahead of Spring
29 Aug 2018 HEALTH & WELLNESS
By Zuko Komisa
Spring is here and it’s time to start it off with a healthy bang. Spring juicing is the thing to try.
When it comes to detoxing, the most important thing you should remember is how it removes impurities from the blood as well as the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination.
Detoxifying your body from the inside out this spring will work on your complete metabolic and cellular level. You will feel incredible once you are done. Ideally, detoxing should be done for a few days, a couple times a year, making it one of the most wonderful things you can do for your body! Consider juicing as a detox option.
Fruits: Lemons and Oranges,
These are great for flushing out toxins and jump-starting the digestive tract and are rich in enzymatic processes.
Fresh Raw Vegetables
These juiced or eaten raw, onions, garlic, beet, turmeric, carrots, artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts, cauliflower and oregano – apart from tasting great they are a good foundation for a nutritious diet.
Omega 3 Oils
Adding olives, Avocado, or flaxseed oil while detoxing help your system lubricate the intestinal walls.
Add the right Seeds and Nuts
A sprinkle of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, Siberian and cedar nuts for a healthy infusion to you are juicing experience.
Grab a blender and try these recipes:
Lemon Apple Juice
2 lemons, peeled and halved
4 apples, quartered
2 cucumbers, halved
1 cup water
Carrot & Ginger Juice
1 large apple, quartered
1/4 pineapple chunks
2 large carrots
2 pieces fresh ginger
Ultimate Green Detox Juice
2 green apples, cut in half
3 stalks celery, no leaves
8 leaves kale
1/2 lemon, peeled
1 piece fresh ginger
Common mistakes we make when juicing
- Fresh juice should only be consumed on an empty stomach. Not doing this makes it harder, for it to be work on your system effectively.
- Dink it immediately: This prevents essential enzymes in the fruit from evaporating
- Have an equal balance of sugar on your mix. Having too much sugar and fructose could be over the top and unhealthy.
- Juicing should not be a meal replacement but rather a meal enhancer or snack. Design a balanced nutritional diet when juicing.
- Keep your juicer clean after use: This goes without saying, as it will help eliminate germs that could potentially spread.