Signs that you are balding and how to reverse it
26 Jul 2018 HEALTH & WELLNESS
By Zuko Komisa
The debate about hair continues to rage on. Whether it’s adding extensions, using toxic products to strengthen it, wearing head wraps to help with our need for protection against the intense UV radiation of the sun in Africa, it has caused many to bald. It’s also important to note that the average person sheds between 50 and 100 hairs every day. However, extreme hair loss is when you exceed this limit.
Hair loss is a discussion that’s as old as the invention of beauty itself, we recently wrote about What you need to know about traction alopecia.
Hair loss in most cases is caused by years of putting harmful chemicals to your natural hair that result in the slow deterioration of your hair follicles. Hair Loss is also typically caused by the following:
• Side effects to medical treatment,
• Skin disorders or hormone imbalance
In males, hair loss is very common. It usually starts with a little thinning of the hair at the temples, followed by a receding hairline which is followed by an unpleasant patch on the top of the head. We come to know it as balding, which in most cases is genetic.
For females, it is important to note that seasonal hair loss is a real thing. Especially in autumn, don’t be scared when it happens, temporary hair loss in most case is simply a recurring event on your calendar. the reason it happens is due to your head going through a cycle of growth and loss. When this happens don’t panic, just keep maintaining your healthy scalp.
Tips on maintaining a healthy scalp:
• Brush Your Hair –Stimulte it by letting hair that needs to fall out, fall out.
• Mind the products you use – The golden rule it to use as few products as possible. Natural products also go a long way.
• Avoid pulling out your hair – The temptation to pull out your hair when you are mad should be avoided at all cost, try letting your hair let loose or simply add an extension to it or wear a headwrap.
If you feel you are going through severe hair loss, it’s important to consult a hair clinic. In most cases, hair loss can be prevented if detected early. With technological innovation throughout the world, there are products that have been developed specifically for hair loss.