We are celebrating The Duchess of Healing, the people’s doctor, Dr. Sindi Van Zyl. A virtual memorial service will be...
It has been a tough week for the Kaya family and South Africans who have all felt the loss of...
Copyright – Kaya FM 2021
1.1 The contents of this Website, including but not limited to its compilation and arrangement, is the exclusive property of Kaya FM, alternatively the suppliers of content to Kaya FM, and accordingly remain protected by South African and International Copyright and Trademark laws.
1.2 Any person accessing this Website, may not, save for downloading one copy for their personal computers and solely for their private and non-commercial use :
1.2.1 Copy, disseminate, distribute, advertise, publish, adapt, modify or in any way reproduce the contents of this website for commercial purposes, unless this notice and any disclaimer attached thereto is published in its entirety, or unless the permission of Kaya FM is obtained in writing.
1.1.“Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
1.2. “Processing” means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of personal information as more fully defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
1.3. “You” or the “user” means any person who accesses and browses this website for any purpose.
1.4. “Website” means the website of the KAYA FM at URL www.kayafm.co.za or such other URL as KAYA FM may choose from time to time.
2.3. Please note that, due to legal and other developments, KAYA FM may amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
3.1. By providing your personal information to KAYA FM you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by KAYA FM.
3.2. Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via the website (e.g. through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
3.2.1. KAYA FM will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is
collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
3.2.2. KAYA FM will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
3.2.3. Personal information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or KAYA FM is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
3.2.4. KAYA FM will keep records of all personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
3.2.5. KAYA FM will not disclose any personal information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained or KAYA FM is required to do so by law.
3.2.6. If personal information is released with your consent KAYA FM will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
3.2.7. KAYA FM will destroy or delete any personal information that is no longer needed by KAYA FM for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
3.3. Note that, as permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, KAYA FM may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
4.1. KAYA FM may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows KAYA FM to collect statistics.
4.2. KAYA FM may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of users’ browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive in order to keep a record of your interaction with this website and facilitate user convenience.
4.2.1. Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile identified statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide KAYA FM with feedback on the performance of this website.
4.2.2. The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
220.127.116.11. The browser software used;
18.104.22.168. IP address;
22.214.171.124. Date and time of activities while visiting the website;
126.96.36.199. URLs of internal pages visited; and
4.3. If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with this website it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
5.1. KAYA FM takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this website, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party.
• The competitions are open to all persons over the age of 18 years; except directors, partners, employees, agents, service providers, and consultants of Kaya FM, the sponsor and all its subsidiaries and its holding company, if any, as well as all spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners and associates of such persons.
• The outcome of the competition is subject to the decision of the judge/presenter, whose decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into thereafter. Neither Kaya FM, sponsors nor their agents will be held responsible or answerable to any dispute arising from the competition or prize awards.
• Participants/listeners enter or take part in competitions at their own risk and Kaya FM bears no responsibility for any loss, damage or harm suffered as a result of participation in any of Kaya FM competition.
• One listener is entitled to winning one prize in a period of 3 months. Kaya FM reserves the right not to award a prize if the listener has won a prize prior during the 3month window period. This also applies to listeners who provide family or friend’s contact details.
• Kaya FM reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes if not claimed after 3 months after being given away On Air or on the website.
• Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
• Finalists will forfeit their participation in the competition if they fail to attend the draws.
• The competition will run during the period advertised on Kaya FM; entries received outside of the competition period will not be considered for the competition draw.
• Kaya FM and their sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of their control.
• By entering the competition, entrants agree to accept these rules and to be bound by them.