Jazz At The Heartbeat Of Dubai’s Nightlife
12 Oct 2017 TRAVEL
By: Natasha Archary
Nicknamed “The City of Gold” Dubai is pretty similar to Johannesburg with an active nightlife that is firmly entrenched in developing the local music industry with jazz at the pulse of the city. The fastest growing economic powerhouse is also home to a massive annual International Jazz Festival much like South Africa.
Jazz is so popular in Dubai that the legendary Quincy Jones opened his first ever jazz club in the city late last year at the Palazzo Versace Hotel. The club with its blue-tinged stage lights drains out all the colour and you’ll feel like you’ve time-travelled to New York back in the 1950s.
But that’s not the only place that caters for jazz music lovers the world over; there are over 15 Jazz focused bars, eateries and clubs in Dubai that cater to this niche market.
The top 5 on the list are:
- Jones the Grocer – The Australian restaurant has a jazz night every Monday from 7pm onwards. It’s a relaxed environment with the best Wagyu beef burger in town.
- Koubba – A cocktail bar with a super chilled ambience that offers you a place to enjoy a live jazz band while sipping on your favourite cocktail and traditional shisha kebabs.
- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray – A hidden gem of the Palm Jumeirah Islands the club lounge situated in the resort hosts many jazz nights and the view of Dubai’s skyline from the corniche is an added bonus.
- West 14th New York Prime – A brilliant setting with the Marina skyline as a backdrop that offers a really cool outdoor bar with comfortable sofas to soak up the music and wine.
- La Perle Dubai – If it’s more than jazz you’re looking for then take the word of Edcel Suyo a Dubai travel blogger & photographer who chose the La Perle Dubai for its amazing Las Vegas style show with acrobats, a state-of-the-art aqua theatre and death-defying stunts. For more on Edcel’s adventures check out his blog here: Dubai Travel Blog
Dubai may well be Johannesburg’s bigger, more extravagant older sister with it also being the city that never sleeps. The draw-card for many multi-award winning artists from around the globe including David Guetta, Martin Garrix, Katy Perry, Nikki Minaj, Chris Brown and many more, Dubai has something for everyone on the entertainment front.
So what are you waiting for? Book your seat now…