COVID-19: Shopping and Prohibitions
26 Mar 2020 COVID-19
During the 21 day lockdown, you will only be able to leave your home in to procure essential goods (groceries or medication) and to seek medical attention.
Retailers including Shoprite, Pick n Pay, Checkers will remain open at various restricted hours. i.e. from 7 am-4 pm. Spaza shops owned and managed by South Africans have been classified as essential services and therefore will remain open during the national lockdown.
The following is prohibited during the 21-day lockdown:
- No jogging
- No dog walking
- No drinking in public spaces
- No gathering in large numbers, UNLESS it’s a funeral, in that case, it is limited to 50 people.
- No alcohol will be sold during the lockdown
- No transporting alcohol from one point to another
- No purchasing of food from restaurants
- Movement between provinces is prohibited
- Movement between Metropolitan and district areas, prohibited
- No outdoor exercise