Is your car ready for your road trip? #KayaRoadSafety
Wherever you’re going, whatever you’re going to be doing, risking driving in an unsafe vehicle is not worth it. We’ve put together a car safety checklist so that you can ensure that you and your loved ones arrive at your destination safely. #KayRoadSafety.
1. General checks
- Vehicle license disc is valid
- Handbrake and foot brake operate correctly
- Doors, boot and bonnet lock securely.
- Hooter works
- Heater and air conditioning works
- Windows can be opened and closed
- First aid kit in case of emergencies
2. Check that all lights are working correctly
- Brake lights
- Tail lights
- Reverse lights
- Interior lights
- Fog/spot lights
3. Check your tyres
- Tread depth indicator has not been surpassed
- Pressure is per manufacturer’s advice.
- Spare is present and ready for use.
- Tyre changing equipment is present and functional
4. Check front and rear windscreen
- Screen is clean with no damage
- Wipers and washers work correctly
- De-mister functions properly
- Sun visors work effectively
5. Check that all gauges are working properly:
6. Check all fluid levels:
- Power steering (if applicable)
Follow @KayaTraffic for more.