Five last-minute gifts that will make an impression
Thought-out, expensive gifts can take up a lot of time and energy. So here are a five gifts that you can get away with at the last minute.
- Spa Voucher. This one is particularly biased towards the women in your life. It’s a quick and easy way to make any woman feel super special and appreciated.
- Book or e-book. Get that novel your friend has been dying to delve into or send them an e-book version; that way you don’t even have to leave the house! Although printed books can be wrapped, which will definitely make it look super sweet and thoughtful.
- Any piece of jewelry would probably be a great gift for any occasion & will always look thoughtful. Who doesn’t love a little bling? This goes for the men in your life too, diamonds are not exclusive to girls as best friends. Probably a pair of fancy cufflinks and tie clip or a cool man ring or leather bracelet would do the trick!
- Photo Frame with printed photo inside. Find a photo of you and your friend or family member, buy an antique or special photo frame (maybe with words engraved on it for a little extra sentiment), put the photo in the frame, wrap it, add a greeting card and voila! A quick & easy gift they’ll probably treasure forever.
- Gift Basket. Walk into a gift basket store like The Nut Lady, pay & walk out. No wrapping necessary.
Thoughtful Gifts 101:
–Always add a meaningful greeting card that shows you really thought about the personality of the person so it doesn’t seem so generic. Actually write your own words, don’t rely on the printed words inside.
-Always. Like always wrap it or at least put it in a paper bag with matching tissue paper to go with it. The element of surprising is important.
-And never, ever leave the price tag on. This is a total no-no in gift-quette. Nothing says ‘I totally spent no time on this gift,’ like leaving the price tag on.
Happy thoughtful, effortless gift giving!