BCX Disrupt Africa
By Motlagae Konyana
The inaugural BCX Disrupt Conference, South Africa’s first engaging digital and technology conference, kicked off this morning with some of the world’s greatest disruptors in the technology and digital space .
This two-day event will feature a high calibre of speakers who are forward-thinking game-changers in the technology and digital industry. Many of these speakers and guests are in South Africa for the first time.
Day one of the conference (16 November 2017) includes:
- Sipho Maseko, Group Chief Executive Officer Telkom SA SOC Limited
- Mariéme Jamme, Tech Entrepreneur and Founder of iamtheCODE
- Jane McGronigal, Game Designer
- Lars Silberbauer, Senior Global Director of Social Media & Video, LEGO
- Richard Mulholland, Founder and C-3PO of Missing Link
- Rapelang Rabana, Founder and CEO of Rekindle Learning
- Charlie Ayers, The chef who fed Google
- Nick Goldman, Research Group leader at the European Bioinformatics Institute
- Will.i.am, Grammy award winner, Frontman for the Black Eyed Peas, Executive producer of “Planet of the apps and founder and CEO in i.am+
- Ian Russell, Chief Executive Officer of BCX
“A ground-breaking, world-class learning experience, this two-day summit promises to stimulate new thinking and inspire positive action as the globe’s top thought leaders and industry pioneers,” said Ian Russell, CEO of BCX.
The first speaker, Group CEO Telkom, Sipho Maseko, emphasised on how education plays a pivotal role in the digital revolution that is currently happening. According to Maseko, no one should be left behind in this revolution. Maseko went on to say that we should find digital and technological African solutions to African problems and in that way we would become disruptors in our own right.